Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Needing a Step Between Beginner and Intermediate

Yes, I know, :eyeroll:.

I finished the Suggestotron three times on Railsbridge and was pumped and ready to tackle my next challege, so I started the intermediate level.

And got stuck.

Majorly, completely stuck. I figured out how to create the controller and even managed to install Devise, but I had no clue of what to do next. So, I found a tutorial by Michael Hartl called (fittingly enough) The Ruby on Rails Tutorial. It's very take-you-by-the-hand and I've been able to skim a few sections but I've also picked up a few tricks along the way, too. (And, with the help of the comments section at Coderwall, specifically the comment by bnlucas, I was able to set up my path to allow me to open Sublime with the wonderfully succinct `subl`.)

I've only 45 mintues before my "day" job, so I'm heading back in the fray. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Complaints? Coladas?