Thursday, April 18, 2013

Open Source is Hard. Let's Go Blogging!

Wow!  I've just burned through the better part of my coding time this week trying to figure out just how to jump in and (attempt to) contribute to the Wonderful World of Open Source.

I feel defeated.

I've found lots of awesome projects (this was a great starting point and I'm sure I've barely scratched the surface). But after sifting through the pages and pages on Bugzilla, et al, (and even successfully reproducing one bug) I'm still lost as to what to do next.

I'm taking a little solace in the wonderful Scott Hanselman's post on being a phony.  I trust that after all of his experience, he knows what he's talking about and that it's these moments of being in over your head that result in growth.

Back on the horse I go... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Complaints? Coladas?